Monday, February 18, 2013

Pumpkin Dessert Bread
   
Oh I just love this dessert bread. It is one of my absolutely favorite desserts. I have it every Thanksgiving but I am beginning to think that might have to change. It states to use 2 loaf pans but as you will see this year we made it in a different pan than normal. Check out the picture below.

Oh btw, my Macaw just loves this little treat as well. That is a plus to us bird lovers.




Ingredients:  
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin (we use can pumpkin)
4 eggs - beaten
1 1/4 cup of melted shortening


Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and with a spoon make a deep well in the center of the ingredients. In this well, add all the other ingredients, stir carefully, just enough to dampen all the dry ingredients. Do not over mix! Pour into loaf pans, makes 2. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment