Monday, April 9, 2012

Bride Awaits

This Friday my niece will be getting married and she is bursting with excitement. She has been making plans and preparing for weeks and the time is now upon her. This made me want to read up on the "Jewish Wedding" and how it paints a beautiful analogy of a bride and groom to the relationship of Jesus to the church. I will not go into the traditional "Jewish Wedding" ceremony but I would highly recommend studying it further.  A better understanding will not only deepen an appreciation of God's LOVE for us, but it will give us insights into prophetic events. 

As every groom pledges his love to his bride, so Jesus committed His LOVE to believers.  I understand that Christ has fallen head-over-heels in LOVE with me and I in Him.  We just finished celebrating His great LOVE for us the past weekend when He was willing to die for us.  It had to be LOVE to suffer all that He went through. The beatings, the crown of thorns, and the nails...all for His BRIDE. He could have stopped it all at any point, but He LOVED you and me so much he couldn't bear to spend eternity without us.  As I have seen it written so beautifully, "With His blood He paid the price for a royal wedding."

I'm in the process of helping my niece with a few of her preparations for this big day of hers. The last minute touches to the dress, the flowers and the music are important. It is just as important for us to spend our time preparing for His presence in our lives on a daily basis.  Being the Bride of Christ is more than standing in a white dress at the altar, it is having an intimate relationship with Him. As others stare at the Bride in her beautiful white dress, her eyes will be fixed upon her Groom that she has prepared for. All she will see is the LOVE He has for her. 

In that moment, all the preparations she went through will be worth it - they will be husband and wife.  As believers in Christ Jesus, we the Bride of Christ have waited with great anticipation as well for the day we will be united with our Bridegroom. Until that time comes, I will remain faithful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and will say "Come, Lord Jesus, your bride awaits!"

No comments:

Post a Comment