Sunday, April 22, 2012

Celebrating the Creator of the Earth on this Earth Day

What sparked my thoughts on this blog is when I read my husbands fb post which read, " I don't know how Earth Day is normally celebrated, but I think it's a good idea, and I would never celebrate Earth Day without celebrating the One who created it!"

Genesis the first book of the Bible begins with the creation of the universe:  "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Here we find out that this beautiful earth is HIS glorious creation. 

The Bible is crystal clear that the earth and everything in it was given by God to man to rule over and subdue. "And God blessed the, and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth'" (Genesis 1:28) Therefore, we were created in His image - HE gave us (men and women) this privileged place among all creatures and commanded us to exercise stewardship over the earth. Stewardship expresses care-taking, not abusing. So when we live and act in a way that shows disregard to that which God has created, we aren't honoring him.

I feel that this is what today - Earth Day is about to me...Honoring and Celebrating our Heavenly Father.  Elohim wants us to enjoy this earth to the fullest and He wants us to have days of Heaven on Earth.  In honor of Earth Day - I honor my Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment